As woodworkers, we rely completely on trees for our livelihood - The beautiful thing about our medium is that it is a renewable resource however, if we only take and not give back, it is an unsustainable model. That's why Kenichi Woodworking is so happy to be an Official Partner with Eden Reforestation Projects - a 501(c)(3) non-profit that plants millions of trees every year. Their mission is to recreate healthy forest systems that restore hope, alleviate suffering, empower people, and build local economies in impoverished communities. Their objective, which they hope to achieve by the year 2020, is to plant a minimum of 100 million trees each year and to offer hope through the employment of tens of thousands of people in countries where poverty is rampant. We are proud to be a part of their movement and a portion of our profits go towards their efforts worldwide.
5300 Trees Planted So Far Through Our Partnership!
Eden Projects has a holistic approach to reforestation and ecological restoration.
- Their national leaders partner with villages that are committed to restoring their forests.
- They then hire and train local villagers to plant new trees. This gives them a decent income so they can provide for their families again
- They plant native tree species.
- The villages protect their new forests because they have a vested interest in them.
- Top tier seedling survival rate – over 80%. Even higher when natural generation is factored in.
- As the reforestation effort goes on, healthy forests begin to emerge and the negative effects of deforestation begin to disappear.